Sovereign Accounting Services Limited is looking to recruit an Assistant to the Project Manager and Debtors Controller to form part of their team.
- This role involves all aspects of assisting the Projects Manager & Debtors Controller within Sovereign Accounting services Limited. Responsibilities will include assisting with the administrative processes of debtors control and assisting with the reporting requirements for the various jurisdictions. You will need to be motivated, have a good knowledge of Excel and a passion for detail. Good communication skills are essential for this role. An understanding of the pensions administration sector is desired but not essential.
- Collection of trustee fees from a long list of investment providers for the Gibraltar, Guernsey and Malta offices
- Overseeing the re-balancing of cash accounts for all Sovereign jurisdictions to aide in the collection of trustee fees
- Continually and carefully updating debtors logs and Viewpoint with data relevant to the debt collection process
- Liaising with pension administration teams, accounts, investments providers, investment advisors and outsourcing team
- Sourcing data and compiling reports as required by various offices
- Review and submission of Malta local reporting requirements to relevant regulators
- Dealing with ad-hoc requests
- [The tasks listed are not meant to be exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake other reasonable tasks of a similar nature but which are not explicitly listed in the job description]
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Holder of a Degree in related field.
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong communication, accounting / analytical skills and attention to detail
- Work under pressure, independently, effectively prioritise, manage time & workload to meet clients’ needs
- Proficient in working under pressure and within deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively internally and with third parties at all levels
- Suitably educated with a high standard of English and mathematics
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to prioritise, set own deadlines and work accurately to tight deadlines
- Familiar with Viewpoint software
The Sovereign Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage diversity throughout our company. We will not tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics (gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, parental status, maternity etc). We ensure that no member of staff or any job applicants are treated less favourably than anyone else.
Equal Opportunities apply in all our working conditions including pay, hours of work, holiday entitlement, sick pay, recruitment, training, promotion etc.