Pay Band: Pay Band 5
Reporting to: Board and Group Compliance Director
Sovereign Gibraltar is headquarters of the Sovereign Group which began in Gibraltar in 1987 and has since grown into one of the largest independent providers of corporate, private client, retirement planning, insurance and tax services.
With a network of 23 offices spanning Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, Sovereign’s global headcount is now approaching 550. We currently manage over 20,000 structures for a wide variety of clients – companies, entrepreneurs, private investors or ultra to high-net-worth individuals and their families – and have assets under administration in excess of £20 billion.
We pride ourselves on the exceptional breadth and depth of our technical knowledge; our culture is entrepreneurial, but we are fully committed to maintaining compliance and promoting ethical conduct.
Job Purpose and Main duties:
- Reporting to the Board and Group Compliance Director, key responsibilities include the delivery of the firm’s compliance program in line with the jurisdiction’s current laws and legislation
- The maintenance of the firm’s suite of compliance procedures so as to capture all regulatory requirements including the roll out and delivery of comprehensive ongoing training to all members of staff. Continuous review of all related laws and regulations to ensure the business is operating within the required scope and guidelines.
- Formulation of a detailed compliance monitoring programme to ensure adherence to said procedures and that all working practices comply with best practice and suitability requirements. Responsibilities include the capture and reporting of all findings to the board along with the appropriate recommendation of all remedial actions.
- Responsible for all mandatory reporting to the regulator, main requirements include SICR, Financial Crime Report, Annual MLRO Report and R109 Compliance reporting. Main business interface with the regulators and auditors for all regulatory related issues so as to ensure transparency and clear insight into all the firm’s operations.
- Continual evaluation of the businesses activities to assess associated compliance risk and that operations fall in line with designated risk appetites and that unplanned exposure is mitigated and managed. Responsible for the management of the firm’s risk policies and the update of all risk assessment tools.
- Assist in the formulation of the firm’s business plans, mission statements and key objectives. Roles also include the formulation of staff personal development plans in line with the businesses and regulatory objectives.
- Control of all GDPR policies and act as point of contact for all related internal and external issues.
[The tasks listed are not meant to be exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake other reasonable tasks of a similar nature, but which are not explicitly listed in the job description]
The Sovereign Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage diversity throughout our company. We will not tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics (gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, parental status, maternity etc). We ensure that no member of staff or any job applicants are treated less favourably than anyone else.
Equal Opportunities apply in all our working conditions including pay, hours of work, holiday entitlement, sick pay, recruitment, training, promotion etc.