Reporting to: Project and Technical Manager, Sovereign Pension Services (CI) Limited
Office: Guernsey, Channel Islands
Sovereign Guernsey is part of the Sovereign Group which began in Gibraltar in 1987 and has since grown into one of the largest independent providers of corporate, private client, retirement planning, insurance and tax services.
With a network of 23 offices spanning Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, Sovereign’s global headcount is now approaching 550. We currently manage over 20,000 structures for a wide variety of clients – companies, entrepreneurs, private investors or ultra to high-net-worth individuals and their families – and have assets under administration in excess of £20 billion.
We pride ourselves on the exceptional breadth and depth of our technical knowledge; our culture is entrepreneurial, but we are fully committed to maintaining compliance and promoting ethical conduct.
Data Analyst and Reporting Co-ordinator
With an increase in regulatory reporting requirements, the company is now looking for an experienced individual to take ownership and co-ordinate all the regulatory reporting, including analysing data from the various reports and systems and producing manageable and understandable data, in order to influence procedural changes and decision making of the managers and Board. The role requires an individual who is ready to explore and specialise in data reporting and the company database, and also requires a willingness to learn and comprehensively understand regulatory requirements within the pensions industry, specifically within Guernsey.
- Draft quality assurance policies– This is mainly in relation to the way the data is entered onto the Viewpoint (VP) system. Policies to ensure that data is inputted in the manner needed to generate the required reports. Train staff on data input in line with group procedures and implement any policies on data input.
- Conduct regular data audits to test quality of data and run data cleansing projects as and when needed.
- Collect and compile data to submit to the board or management team on a quarterly basis or on an ad-hoc basis
- Manage various reports already collated, liaising with various stakeholders in relation to required or requested changes, auditing reports in use and archiving as necessary.
- Responsible for the collation of data required for regulatory reporting as well as stakeholder coordination. This will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Analysing the data on VP and finding ways to compile the required date through a report.
- Liaise with IT and other offices within the Group to find the most efficient way to gather data, with minimal manual intervention.
- Liaise with the relevant department heads to get assistance, when needed, to gather or input the data.
- Communicate with both department heads or team leaders as well as team members to ensure proper execution of data inputting. Ensuring proper training is provided in this regard.
- Liaise with the GFSC, GRS, IRS, HMRC, OECD, UK Companies House, and any other financial regulator for any queries in relation to regulatory reporting.
- Monitor and implement changes to regulatory requirements, including attending relevant meetings (where physically or virtually possible) of updates or thematic reviews from regulators.
- Any other duties as required by management.
- Support the Sovereign Group Mission, Vision, Values & Goals:
- Mission = Listening. Understanding. Planning. Delivering.
- Vision = To be the best at helping our clients achieve their aspirations.
- Values =
- Superior Service
- One Team
- Goals =
- Grow Sovereign Organically and through acquisition
- Operate collaboratively, driving efficiency, consistency, knowledge, sharing and group cross selling
- A leading provider for our financial solutions in all our jurisdictions
- Leveraging our success to invest in our people and our infrastructure
- Strive for excellence
- Take responsibility for personal development, in line with agreed performance appraisal objectives;
- Undertake training as required;
- Any other related duties as may be requested by a director from time to time. [The tasks listed are not meant to be exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake other reasonable tasks of a similar nature, but which are not explicitly listed in the job description]
- Skills =
- Experience with Viewpoint software
- Experience of reporting on behalf of licensed fiduciary
- Attention to detail
- Project management
- Risk management
- Organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Presenting skills
- Technical Knowledge
- Willingness to learn
- Stakeholder management
- Resource management
- Accountable for meeting deadlines
- Peer group within the department
- Central services
The Sovereign Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage diversity throughout our company. We will not tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics (gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, parental status, maternity etc). We ensure that no member of staff or any job applicants are treated less favourably than anyone else.
Equal Opportunities apply in all our working conditions including pay, hours of work, holiday entitlement, sick pay, recruitment, training, promotion etc.