Department: Group – Operations
Type: Full time
Reporting to: Group COO Office
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Remote working (global)
The Sovereign Group began in Gibraltar in 1987 and has since grown into one of the largest independent providers of corporate, private client, retirement planning, insurance and tax services.
With a network of 23 offices spanning Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, Sovereign’s global headcount is now approaching 550. We currently manage over 20,000 structures for a wide variety of clients – companies, entrepreneurs, private investors or ultra to high-net-worth individuals and their families – and have assets under administration in excess of £20 billion.
We pride ourselves on the exceptional breadth and depth of our technical knowledge; our culture is entrepreneurial, but we are fully committed to maintaining compliance and promoting ethical conduct.
About the Role
We are looking for an expert Trust and Company platform Product Owner, with hands on, practical experience of the ViewPoint Entity Management system. The product owner is responsible for the product roadmap, providing the operational underpin to our strategic ambition and the operational cornerstone of our Mission, vision, values and Goals. Ensuring senior internal stakeholders understand the product capabilities and roadmap, owning the application development backlog, prioritising multiple request demands, and overseeing releases of improvement to the business, this is a responsible role with significant potential for career growth.
It’s a Group role, which means you’ll look at the world through the lens of consistency, simplification, and centralisation, working tirelessly to sell the benefits of one way of doing things and using your product ownership to solve business unit problems and capitalise on opportunities to move to one best way of doing things across all business units
You’ll be joining Group as a key part of the Chief Operating Officer Team.
As an expert Viewpoint Entity Management Platform Product Owner., you serve as the strategic link between technology and the wider business and are responsible for managing and optimising the entity management component within Viewpoint.
You will work closely with key stakeholders to deliver on mutually agreed priorities and roadmap, whilst simultaneously ensuring the delivery of continuous improvements through the change framework.
The product owner must have excellent communication and leadership skills. As one of the significant responsibilities of the role is interacting with many stakeholders, it is imperative to be able to convince team members on achieving the required goal.
You will be comfortable challenging existing solutions as and when appropriate and deliver alternative approaches to ensure maximum gain in efficiencies.
You will enhance the entity management component in line with Group strategy, leading on system development when appropriate. Identify areas that require improvement and implement policies and procedures where necessary to support the business objectives.
You will be used to working independently and cross jurisdictional, be comfortable with change and have a willingness to travel in line with business needs.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the entity management roadmap in line with Sovereign’s strategic vision
- Managing the entity management component and prioritising development backlog
- Ensuring the component is run effectively, the business users are fully trained, informed, and supported
- Be a lead SME (Subject Matter Expert) and provide the business with expert knowledge relevant to your component
- Work closely with Application Support and technology to translate business requirements into value-add component requirements
- Drive the continuous improvements of the component by coordinating and understanding the requirements from key stakeholders.
- Organising and participating in User Acceptance Testing
- Assist the business to optimise and standardise processes, controls and improve data quality
- Facilitate user training and ensure wider business adopts improvements and changes
- Efficiently communicate the product roadmap to senior management and the wider business
- Good awareness of the available functionalities and latest industry developments within the entity management component
- Good problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand the business needs and issues
- Minimum of 3 years’ management within the relevant business domain
- 5 years’ experience of working with ViewPoint Entity Management and understanding of clients, services, people, processes, and data associated with your component
- Excellent communicator, with both internal and external colleagues at all levels
- Ability to successfully implement and drive organisational change
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Hard-working, efficient, resilient, and motivated by results
- Ability to analyse and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
- Team player and ability to lead
The Sovereign Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage diversity throughout our company. We will not tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics (gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, parental status, maternity etc). We ensure that no member of staff or any job applicants are treated less favourably than anyone else.
Equal Opportunities apply in all our working conditions including pay, hours of work, holiday entitlement, sick pay, recruitment, training, promotion etc.