Job title: Head of Administration
Reporting to: Director of Client Services
As a Head of Administration, you will be called to oversee the administrative functions within the department and ensure its the smooth functioning. This includes managing budgets, resources, personnel, and operations, as well as implementing effective administrative policies and procedures. The Head of Administration is also responsible for collaborating with other departments within the organization and providing leadership to a team of administrative professionals. Ultimately, their goal is to ensure that the department operates efficiently and effectively to support the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Lead, coach, review works and provide direction to the administration team in all areas of their work/ Responsible for identifying training needs of all teams members/ Sit on interviews of candidates for Admin Team
- Develop best practice guidelines, processes, checklist, procedures
- Responsible for direct contacts with Key Clients/ Complaints handing with both clients and BDMs
- To build & maintain excellent communication & customer relations with clients/ BDM & other depts in progressing their services and facilitate the most efficient delivery possible
- Ensure that the clients are billed accurately, assist the team to identify any upselling and responsible to meet the activity fee target/ actively involved in the billing and recovery process through constant monitoring with the finance department and admin team
- Assist Compliance in the onboarding of clients/ Assist BDM for all onboarding queries and provide Admin Sign Off
- Responsible for the application and servicing of Special Licence clients
- Act as Signatory for both STML & STSML/ Act as bank signatory for STML and director for STML Client/ Act as a member of Risk committee/ Approved officer of the FSC
- Act as Deputy Money Launderer Reporting Officer of STML and STSML
- Escalate any potential issues/ litigation/ problems to the board
- 10 years of experience in finance, with a focus on administrative functions.
- Proven track record of successfully managing budgets, resources, and personnel.
- Experience in implementing effective administrative policies and procedures.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to manage a team of administrative professionals and collaborate with other departments.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Advanced degree such as an MBA is preferred.
- Relevant certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) may be preferred or required.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
The Sovereign Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage diversity throughout our company. We will not tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics (gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, parental status, maternity etc). We ensure that no member of staff or any job applicants are treated less favourably than anyone else.
Equal Opportunities apply in all our working conditions including pay, hours of work, holiday entitlement, sick pay, recruitment, training, promotion etc.