Company: Sovereign Trust (Malta) Limited
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Sovereign Trust (Malta) Limited is a financial services company which forms part of the Sovereign Group, an international group of companies with over 30 years’ experience in trusts and corporate services.
We are looking for an experienced Junior Accountant to form part of our Accounts team in Malta. The successful candidate will form part of a dynamic team, in this role you will be responsible for assisting the corporate department with the accounts for a portfolio of companies, individuals and trusts.
- Maintaining the books of company and client accounts
- Preparing and submitting Tax and VAT returns and recap statements;
- Preparing Client Payrolls in a timely manner;
- Handling payments;
- Handling queries with both clients and corporate team.
- Produce ad hoc reports accordingly
- Ensuring the proper accounting treatment and posting as to all transactions;
- Liaising with the auditors and provide reports and information as required;
- Preparing the annual accounts
- Preparing weekly and quarterly reports;
- Preparing bank reconciliations and monitoring bank balances;
- Working closely with the corporate department
- Other duties a necessary to meet the needs of the Employers business
- To have started ACCA or similar accounting qualification
- At least 3 years previous experience in a similar position.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal.
- To be organised and have a meticulous approach to work together with the ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Strong team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
- Knowledge of Shireburn Indigo Payroll software would be an advantage.
- Accountability, attention to detail, commitment and an ability to see beyond the immediate functions of the job are essential.
- Be pro-active, be willing to contribute ideas to improve the systems and procedures,