Company: Sovereign Pension Services Limited
Responsible to: Legal & Compliance Director
Sovereign Pension Services Limited is a financial services company which forms part of the Sovereign Group, an international group of companies with over 30 years’ experience in trusts and corporate services.
The individual will have a legal qualification and some compliance experience preferably within a corporate service company and/or pension administration company. They may be in a junior position, looking for a new challenge and interested in expanding their knowledge and experience in cross border business and pensions.
The job will include the following responsibilities:
- Vetting of legal documentation to enter into terms of business with third parties.
- Completion of legal forms.
- Drafting of agreements and meeting’s minutes as may be required from time to time.
- Dealing with general legal queries.
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external legislation and regulation namely GDPR and DAC6. GDPR knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Liaising with and providing assistance to the pension teams and legal/compliance personnel in the Malta as well as other Sovereign offices.
- Assisting the Legal and Compliance Director with arising matters.
- A legal qualification with a minimum of 2 years relevant working experience.
- Compliance experience, preferably within a corporate service company and/or pension administration company
- Excellent organisation communication skills with a good command of written and spoken English.
- Hard working with a strong work ethic, able to work on your own initiative and under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
The salary will be commensurate with experience. Other benefits include private health insurance, training both in-house and external with company sponsorship for professional qualifications available and a great working environment.