Reporting to: Managing Director
To deliver compliant operational processing and customer service excellence, by managing the teams’ performance, workloads and processes across the shared service portfolio of clients. The role-holder will lead the department and ensure all Business as usual, ad-hoc and routine activities are delivered to high standards and within specified service level agreements, compliance, and risk tolerances. Listening to the voice of the customer and wider stakeholders, the role-holder will demonstrate a continual improvement in the departments’ service and effectiveness.
A key part of the role is to champion the increase in efficiency of existing processes, procedures and people to enhance the company’s internal capacity to meet variable client demand.
- Delivering a world class administration service to internal and external clients, recognising their advocacy is vital to the growth of the business.
- Embedding best practice processes, good governance, and control of the department
- Ensuring operational compliance with regulatory, statutory and legislative requirements
- Taking our people through a transitional period ensuring they are aligned to the Sovereign values and culture.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver excellent service to all client groups ensuring it is within agreed targets by developing shared resource pools that deliver single process service to multiple clients.
- Ensure compliance focused operational delivery, meeting regulatory, legislative and statutory requirements.
- Deliver tight systems and controls to ensure compliance and service delivery, including a satisfactory management information and reporting framework for visibility and management of key performance requirements.
- Ensure the management, forecasting, planning and control of operational work in hand to ensure it is within tolerance and service is delivered on a Same/Next Day basis, and to a high level of quality.
- Improve business processes to reduce the end-to-end service time and improve the customer experience.
- Identify operational issues and ensuring remedial plans are in place and acted on where service, risk or compliance is outside of agreed tolerances.
- Ensure operational risk management is in place, including early warning systems, to flag potential service, operational or compliance issues, ensuring resolving actions and monitoring their implementation to conclusion.
- Deliver continual improvement, in particular ensuring causes of failure and issues are identified and used to identify process and service improvement opportunities.
- Leadership of the department to develop a high-performance culture where people are doing a great job and happy to be here.
- People support, enablement and development, with a view to improving productivity and versatility and creating a high-performance environment.
- Formulate and implement operational strategy, through defined delivery plans that target operational excellence and continual improvement.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational engagement and administration of clients including effective management of resources.
- Ensure high quality service delivery within your Team in line with established procedures and standards.
- Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including career development plans for direct reports and problem resolution.
- Provide regular updates on all operational aspects of Team deliverables to Head of Department including identifying training needs and your plan for delivering on those.
- Continuous service Improvement and business performance improvement.
- Have daily meetings with team members to ensure team objectives are set and support provided for them to be met.
- Embrace change that may occur within the business strategy and be at the forefront of championing and delivering.
- Project coordinator as lead for company mission, vision and values.
- Workload Status Reporting: metrics/narrative status reporting, client SLA/KPI variances, trend analysis.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time in accordance with the demands of the role and development of the services provided.
Characteristics for the role holder include:
- High energy, excited by performance managing people and processes to deliver compliance and service excellence through operational excellence.
- Enthused by identifying and solving problems and bringing the team on the improvement journey.
- A disciplined planner and organiser, demonstrated through quality ongoing reporting.
- Adaptable and resilient in overcoming problems.
- An analytical approach to generating pragmatic and strategic solutions.
- Showing considerable positivity and can do approach, inspiring people to over perform and be proud through skilled leading and coaching.
- A proactive collaborator who works effectively as part of the wider team.
- Able to work on own initiative and to be highly disciplined.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Good team player with strong customer drive.
- Good time management, work prioritisation and organisational skills.
- The ability to deal with client thereby showing a commitment to providing a quality service.
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control.
- Excellent level of judgment and logical approach to problem-solving.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Degree holder or professional qualification.
- At least 7 years of experience in the Global Business sector or Shared services.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work under tight reporting deadlines.
- Proactive, motivated, team player and flexible
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office tools.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
The Sovereign Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage diversity throughout our company. We will not tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics (gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, parental status, maternity etc). We ensure that no member of staff or any job applicants are treated less favourably than anyone else.
Equal Opportunities apply in all our working conditions including pay, hours of work, holiday entitlement, sick pay, recruitment, training, promotion etc.
Company benefits – examples as follows:
- Private health insurance
- Private Pension Insurance Cover
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Incentive bonus – Company performance based