Reporting to: Group Sales Director/ Local Hong Kong board
The primary role of the Sales Manager is to oversee, review and adapt the sales process for the Hong Kong office and to manage and grow a team of business development managers (BDMs). The candidate will be expected to come up with a strategy for growing the business locally. To do this the candidate will need to prospect for new clients through business development and networking. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will successfully demonstrate Sovereign’s value to potential clients and win new business for the company. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, target oriented sales person and a team player. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. The Sales Manager will work with senior level management, the Marketing team and the CRM/ Admin team in Hong Kong. He/she will be expected to manage the activities of those BDMs in their team. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- Managing and growing (through recruiting) the sales team which will involve regular sales meetings and mentoring of the members of his/her team
- With the help of the Group Sales Director, coming up with and executing a sales strategy for the Hong Kong office
- Presenting Sovereign to potential clients through direct communication in face-to-face meetings, telephone calls and through online channels
- Following up on new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- She/he will develop new business relationships, generate income for Sovereign to an agreed annual personal and team target, increasing year on year.
- Identify and generate sales leads, pitch services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts.
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients.
- Drafting marketing material for the monthly reports, brochures and blogs
- Actively and successfully manage the sales cycle process: lead generation, credentials pitch, asking questions, solution pitch, negotiation, close, handover to the account management team.
- She/he will have individual responsibility for new business, and is expected to self-manage; however, she/he will lead a growing team of BDMs.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals and any further documentation
- She/he will effectively interact with other departments including Finance, Compliance and administration when handing over new client files ensuring they fully and correctly brief the relevant teams in all aspects of the sale.
The candidate may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks within the company that may be deemed necessary.
- 3+ years of Sales consultancy experience in Hong Kong & Asia is essential
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent written and verbal English language capabilities
- Cantonese/Mandarin Chinese language is a big advantage but not essential
- Attention to details and organisational skills
- Hardworking, honest and open
- Company and Trust Formation experience essential
- Strong established network an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Bright and confident personality
- Well presented
- Highly persuasive
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
Other Skills and Qualifications
Networking, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Sales track record, Prospecting Skills, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism
Interested parties please send your CV and covering letter to Michelle Wong.