Department: Group Marketing
Reporting to: Husain Kirmani
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Staff reporting: None
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented SEO Assistant to join our team. As an SEO Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting our SEO efforts and implementing optimization strategies to improve website visibility and organic search rankings. Your role will involve conducting keyword research, optimizing website content, analysing website performance, and assisting in link building activities. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of SEO principles, keyword research tools, and on-page optimization techniques. Strong analytical skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Conduct keyword research and analysis to identify valuable target keywords
- Optimize website content, including meta tags, headings, and on-page elements
- Monitor and analyse website performance using Google Tools
- Assisting in technical SEO auditing and fixing the issue
- Assist in the development and implementation of SEO strategies
- Collaborate with content creators to ensure optimized content creation
- Assist in link building activities
- Stay up to date with industry trends and algorithm updates
- Should be able to work on website CMS (especially WordPress) to make SEO implementations and content changes
- Assist in generating reports on SEO performance and provide insights for improvement
- Should be familiar with paid tools like Ahrefs, SEMrush, UberSuggest, etc.
- Support the team in various SEO-related tasks and projects
You may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks within the company that may be deemed necessary.
- Should be a bachelor’s degree holder
- Proven experience in SEO or digital marketing
- Familiarity with keyword research tools, SEO Audit Tools, and SEO analytics platforms
- Knowledge of on-page optimization techniques and best practices
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and draw insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Passion for staying up to date with industry trends and best practices
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.