Sovereign Gibraltar is headquarters of the Sovereign Group which began in Gibraltar in 1987 and has since grown into one of the largest independent providers of corporate, private client, retirement planning, insurance and tax services.
With a network of 23 offices spanning Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, Sovereign’s global headcount is now approaching 550. We currently manage over 20,000 structures for a wide variety of clients – companies, entrepreneurs, private investors or ultra to high-net-worth individuals and their families – and have assets under administration in excess of £20 billion.
We pride ourselves on the exceptional breadth and depth of our technical knowledge; our culture is entrepreneurial, but we are fully committed to maintaining compliance and promoting ethical conduct.
STS is a Gibraltar based tax advisory and tax compliance firm. It provides tax support to individuals, companies, employers, pension schemes and trusts. It specialises in Gibraltar taxation and UK taxation for non-UK residents. Given its expertise and experience, STS can dual-handle Gibraltar and UK tax to provide joined-up tax solutions.
Tax Director, Gibraltar
To assist the Tax Director with the administration and management of the STS client portfolio and in-house Group tax projects.
You will need to be motivated, organised, have a good eye for numbers and a passion for detail.
- Preparing and administrating annual Gibraltar tax compliance for Category 2 residents, High Executives Possessing Specialist Skills (HEPSS) residents, ordinary residents and non-resident clients.
- Preparing residency applications for individuals relocating to Gibraltar and seamlessly managing their ongoing tax and civilian registration compliance.
- Liaising with Gibraltar’s Income Tax Office, Finance Centre and Civilian Registration Office.
- Preparing and administrating UK self-assessment tax returns for non-UK residents, principally in respect of UK property ownership, as the client’s registered UK tax agent.
- Monitoring and liaising with clients regarding Gibraltar and UK tax payments on accounts.
- Undertaking tax research projects, as and when required.
- Fielding general email enquiries.
- Drafting client invoices.
- Attending internal/external meetings.
- Assisting with reviewing and updating a variety of marketing material.
- Assisting with communications with other advisers (e.g. trustees, banks, lawyers, overseas tax advisers) to ensure appropriate client structuring and tax compliance.
- Supporting and liaising with Sovereign client service teams.
- Inputting client data and regularly updating client management systems with any changes.
- Assisting with tax knowledge sharing role.
- Setting up new client files, filing, arranging meetings and other ad hoc admin matters.
[The tasks listed are not meant to be exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake other reasonable tasks of a similar nature, but which are not explicitly listed in the job description]
- Highly organised.
- Strong administrative background.
- Attentive to detail, ensuring high standards of accuracy.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment, with a flexible and adaptable attitude towards the client portfolios and Group projects.
- Strong research and analytical skills, to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate information to intended audiences.
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good decision making.
- Experience in a tax environment and/or tax qualification is favourable, but not necessary.
- Sovereign teams.
- Government departments.
- Other advisers.
The Sovereign Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage diversity throughout our company. We will not tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics (gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, parental status, maternity etc). We ensure that no member of staff or any job applicants are treated less favourably than anyone else.
Equal Opportunities apply in all our working conditions including pay, hours of work, holiday entitlement, sick pay, recruitment, training, promotion etc.