Sovereign Mauritius is looking to recruit a Client Accountant to form part of their team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Client Accounting – Perform full cycle accounting to include analysis of accounts or accounting transactions. Prepare and assist with cash management, AP and AR, accruals, and reconciliations. Prioritize and maintain organization of a high-volume workload for multiple clients and keep to deadlines
- Client Accounting – Prepare comprehensive financial reporting packages timely and accurately in accordance with internal controls and client requirements; includes prioritizing and maintaining high volume workload and productivity standards for multiple clients
- Client Accounting – Research, analyze and effectively communicate complex accounting issues and escalate appropriately. Effectively communicate and collaborate with clients and facilitate management in a timely manner
- Client Accounting – Apply appropriate procedures for preparation of accounting records, research of transactions and reporting
- Client Accounting – Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company and bring inconsistencies, problems, and recommendations to the attention of management
- Client Accounting – Provide support and guidance as required by management.
- Trust Accounting – Records trusts cash receipts and payments and periodically prepare ‘fair’ and complete financial statements that comply with generally accepted accounting principles, trust laws, regulatory requirements, and industry practices.
- Monitoring and maintenance of processes to ensure the consistency of client financial information within the database.
- Provide support to the Accounts Manager as requested
- Experience in bookkeeping/Accounting
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline orientated and good working under pressure
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Able to work within a team
- Qualifications required AAT with minimum 3 years’ experience
- Experience in working with Viewpoint would be an advantage, although full training will be provided