Reporting to: Senior Finance Officer
The job purpose of a Finance Officer is to ensure that financial transactions are accurate, timely, and comply with relevant laws and regulations. The Finance Officer is responsible for preparing financial reports and analysing financial data.
- Preparing financial statements, reports, and budgets
- Managing cash flow and ensuring adequate funds are available
- Monitoring financial transactions and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Conducting financial analysis to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Collaborating with other departments to develop and implement financial policies and procedures
- Providing financial advice and support to management and staff
- Ensuring timely and accurate payment of taxes and other financial obligations
- Maintaining accurate and organized financial records
- Preparing for audits and other financial reviews
- Staying up-to-date with changes in accounting rules and regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in financial analysis software and tools
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Minimum 1 year of experience in finance or accounting
- Knowledge of financial regulations and compliance requirements
- Experience managing cash flow and financial transactions
- Experience in financial reporting and accounting standards
- Experience in collaborating with other departments and stakeholders.
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in accounting rules and regulations
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.