Reporting to: Managing Director, Sovereign Trust (Hong Kong) Limited
Background to Sovereign
Sovereign Trust (Hong Kong) Limited is the TCSP licensed Hong Kong subsidiary of The Sovereign Group. See http://www.SovereignGroup.com. The Group provides a wide range of company formation, company management, trustee and tax consultation services from 26 offices around the world.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this individual would be required to be a business developer of Corporate Services and Trust business from the Asia Pacific region and Hong Kong. Leading from the front, the Trust and Corporate Services Consultant, New Business Development will be a client facing individual within the business and will be expected to lead from the front by being involved in the business development and initial introductions of the business with the clients.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Over 4 years of Trust and Corporate Services experience, at least 2 of which has been within a sales and relationship management role.
- The ability to create and relationship manage referral networks through the banks and Professional Firms of lawyers and accountants for the introduction of family, corporate and high net worth individual trust and trust administration work. Strong presentation skills for the delivery of trust seminars in PRC China locations with regular travel to China and the region
- Degree holder preferably in Law or Accountancy
- Strong PRC networks for the development of China client corporate services and trust business
- A proactive, committed, hands-on, business development character with ability to work unsupervised
- Strategic thinking and attention to detail
- Creation of relationships with the present portfolio of clients
- Qualified Chartered Company Secretary preferred
- STEP membership and or qualification preferred
- Ability to report to and advise senior managers, directors etc.
- Excellent commercial flair and professional services industry experience
- Ability to refer related work and cross sell to Tax, Trust and Accounting teams
- Language skills English, Cantonese and Mandarin preferred
Corporate Services provided by Sovereign are as follows:-
- Forming or acquiring Hong Kong and offshore companies.
- Designing holding structures to reflect administrative requirements and to maximise tax efficiency
- Corporate secretarial services
- Custodial and escrow services
- Advising on taxation issues and management, ownership and control
- Establishing businesses and joint ventures in China and advising on cross-border investments for China.
- Ensuring timely compliance with accounting and auditing requirements
- Registering branch offices of foreign companies in Hong Kong
- Effecting de-registration or dormancy for Hong Kong companies and winding-up or re-instating offshore companies
- Arranging domicile migration for offshore companies
- Assisting with joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and re-organisations
- Liaising with banks, brokers, auditors and other professional advisors
- Assist in opening bank accounts for Hong Kong and offshore companies
- Corporate nominee shareholders and nominee directors
- Trust advice, set up and administration of trust structures
Key skills required
- Be a motivated self-starter with a lot of drive
- Have good communication skills and the ability to interact with existing clients and develop new client and introducer relationships
- Be able to think on his or her feet and apply common sense to unexpected situations
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be well presented, highly personable and well mannered
- Have a flexible and mature approach with the ability to work unsupervised
- Have both the desire and ability to develop and progress a new business venture
- Excellent eye for detail, diligent knowledge of accounting regulations
Interested candidates should send an email explaining their suitability for the position and stating their present and required salary and full resume/CV to email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.