An RO is a temporary facility with no statutory obligations to file financial accounts and tax returns with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) Singapore and Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS). It is therefore the ideal entry mode for doing business in Singapore for foreigners before deciding to set up a permanent establishment. An RO may only engage in market research and feasibility studies and may not provide services or render any direct or indirect revenue generation activities on behalf of its parent company. An RO may only operate in Singapore for a maximum of three years from the date of its inception. When you are ready to establish a more permanent presence in Singapore, an RO can be converted into a subsidiary company or a branch office.
Interested in Representative Office (RO)?
Business Support Services
Share this story
With the right advice and support, more and more companies are finding the Chinese market an accessible and successful destination…
- Saudi Arabia and Bahrain lead FDI inflow in Gulf region
- DMCC partners with DED to introduce dual licensing scheme
- DIFC introduces new Employment Law
- RAKEZ Business Women Package – Inspiring female entrepreneurship
- UAE relaxes foreign ownership restrictions and introduces substance requirements
- UAE ratifies the Multilateral BEPS Convention
The UAE deposited its instrument of ratification for the Multilateral Convention to Implement Tax Treaty Related Measures to Prevent Base…
Sovereign Trust (Gibraltar) Limited
Tel: +350 200 76173