An RO is a temporary facility with no statutory obligations to file financial accounts and tax returns with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) Singapore and Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS). It is therefore the ideal entry mode for doing business in Singapore for foreigners before deciding to set up a permanent establishment. An RO may only engage in market research and feasibility studies and may not provide services or render any direct or indirect revenue generation activities on behalf of its parent company. An RO may only operate in Singapore for a maximum of three years from the date of its inception. When you are ready to establish a more permanent presence in Singapore, an RO can be converted into a subsidiary company or a branch office.
Interested in Representative Office (RO)?
Business Support Services
Share this story
- Singapore to launch new corporate structure for investment funds
- Hong Kong grants first virtual banking licenses
- Singapore crowned as world’s most competitive economy
- China strengthen protections for trademark rights and trade secrets
- When is a trust not a trust?
- The benefits of outsourcing your payroll
- Sovereign welcomes Caring Company status in HK
- Escrow services now offered by Hong Kong office
Businesses, wherever they are based, must pay the salaries of their employees in a timely manner. Where wages are not…
Trusts are an important tool for succession planning and wealth protection because they allow for a separation of legal and…
Sovereign Trust (Gibraltar) Limited
Tel: +350 200 76173