What is the UAE Golden Visa?
The UAE Golden Visa is a long-term residence visa that allows eligible individuals to work, reside or study in the UAE. It is currently the longest-term visa available in the UAE, providing for 5 to 10 years of residency without any requirement for a sponsor.
Several categories of Golden Visa are available, catering to investors, entrepreneurs, outstanding individuals, specialised talents and high-earning executives or working professionals. Who can apply for a UAE Golden Visa will depend on the eligibility of the applicant.
UAE Golden Visa Requirements
- Public Investments – Individuals who invest in an investment fund may be granted a Golden Visa for a period of 10 years without a sponsor, subject to submitting one of the following documents:
- A letter from an accredited UAE investment fund evidencing a deposit of AED2 million or more.
- A valid industrial or commercial licence and Memorandum of Association (MoA) stating the investor’s capital is AED2 million or more.
- A letter from the UAE Federal Tax Authority (FTA) evidencing tax payments of a minimum of AED250,000 per year.
Applicants must also own the invested capital completely (it cannot be a loan) and provide proof of medical insurance for themselves and their families.
- Real Estate Investments – Individuals who own a property or a group of properties may be granted a Golden Visa for a period of five years, renewable on the same conditions and without a sponsor, subject to submitting one of the following documents:
- A letter from the Emirates Land Department of the respective emirate stating that the applicant owns one or more properties whose total value is not less than AED2 million.
- Evidence of the purchase of a property with a loan from specific local banks approved by the competent local entity.
- Individuals who own an economic project of a technical or innovative nature may be granted a Golden Visa for a period of five years without a sponsor, subject to submitting all the following documents:
- Auditors’ statement confirming that the project value is not less than AED500,000.
- Letter from the relevant Emirati authority confirming that the project is of a qualifying technical or innovative nature.
- Letter from an accredited UAE business incubator confirming the establishment of the proposed activity.
Outstanding Specialised Talents
The Golden Visa eligibility in the UAE in this category is for individuals with an ‘outstanding specialised talent’ – doctors, scientists, cultural/artistic creatives, inventors, executives, athletes, doctoral degree holders and specialists in engineering and science – may obtain a Golden visa for 10 years subject to meeting the specific requirements for each category.
- Approval letter from the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention to practice the profession of medicine.
- Letter of recommendation from Emirates Council of Scientists, or a letter from the Secretariat of the Mohammed bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence stating that the applicant has been awarded the Medal of Scientific Excellence.
- Cultural / Artistic Creatives
- Approval letter from the Department of Culture and Arts in the respective Emirate.
- Letter of recommendation from the UAE Ministry of Economy stating that a patent has an added economic value.
- Executive Directors (UAE Golden Visa for professionals)
- Copy of a university degree (minimum BA) accredited by the Ministry of Education.
- Letter evidencing experience in a relevant role of not less than five years.
- Certificate evidencing a salary of not less than AED50,000 per year.
- Valid work contract.
- o Letter of recommendation from the General Sports Authority or one of the sports councils.
- Specialists in engineering and science
- Copy of a BA or MA certified by Ministry of Education
- Valid work contract.
Subjects relevant to engineering and science include epidemiology and viruses, artificial intelligence (AI), big data, computer engineering, electronic engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering, genetics and biotechnology.
- High School – high-performing high school students with national-level toppers (95% or higher secondary school results) can obtain a five-year Golden Visa without a sponsor, subject to an applicant submitting a recommendation letter from the Ministry of Education.
- University – high-performing university graduates who graduated within the last 24 months can obtain a 10-year UAE Golden Visa provided that:
o The university is rated by the Ministry of Education as a class A or B institution or, for applicants who studied outside of the UAE, is recognised as a ‘top 100’ university internationally.
o The applicant submits a letter of recommendation from the university stating that the applicant’s grade point average (GPA) exceeds 3.5 for class A and 3.8 for class B institutions.
Pioneers of Humanitarian Work
- Applicants who are pioneers of humanitarian work may be eligible for a 10-year Golden Visa if they fulfil any of the following Golden Visa criteria:
- Members or outstanding employees who have worked for international and regional organisations for a minimum of five years.
- Members or outstanding employees who have worked for civil associations and institutions of public interest for a minimum of five years.
- Individuals who have received an appreciation award from a local, regional or international organisation that focuses on humanitarian work.
- Funders of humanitarian work who have contributed not less than AED2 million.
Applicants who displayed extraordinary effort during crises, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, may qualify for a Golden visa with a recommendation from a competent authority. Frontline heroes include nurses, medical assistants, lab technicians, pharmacologists and other cadres approved by the UAE Frontline Heroes Office.
What are the benefits for UAE Golden Visa holders?
There are a number of benefits for golden visa holders in the UAE including
How can Sovereign Corporate Services assist?
Sovereign Corporate Services can assist applicants through the full Golden Visa application process and assist clients with their eligibility for a Golden Visa in the UAE. We can advise on the eligibility criteria for each category and assist you to obtain and submit the required documentation.
For further details on our Golden Visa services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org