Download the full Report here.
Please note: The download listed above is in Adobe Acrobat PDF Format. In order to view the document, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system. If it is not installed, then please download it.
1. European News Read more.
- UK opens beneficial ownership review for CDOTs
- Cyprus provides alternative option for tax residency
- Monaco enacts new legal framework for foreign residents
- WEF confirms Malta amongst top financial jurisdictions
- Cyprus changes tax treatment for intra-group financing
- HMRC invokes GAAR for first time for gold bullion scheme
2. USA & Caribbean News Read more.
- Trump Administration issues ‘unified framework’ for tax reform
- US appeals court dismisses FATCA legal challenge
- BVI Registry fully functional following hurricanes
3. Middle East and Asia Read more.
- Hong Kong’s chief executive announces new tax incentives
- China’s new business licence deadline approaches
- China moves to promote foreign investment
- UAE publishes VAT law ahead of January 2018 tax roll-out
- Singapore the ‘Top Expat Destination’ for third year in a row
- Hong Kong the world’s most competitive economy – again
4. Legal News Read more.
- High Court finds Russian ‘domiciled’ in UK for jurisdictional purposes
- Guernsey court sets aside ‘disastrous’ transfer into trust
- Tribunal finds Jersey companies to be resident in the UK
- First-tier Tribunal finds for HMRC in question of domicile
- French Court acquits art dealer Wildenstein of tax fraud
5. Fiscal News Read more.
- Swiss government publishes new draft for corporate tax reform
- France demands €600 million in tax from Microsoft
- European Commission launches agenda for fair taxation of digital economy
- G20 leaders reaffirm commitment to CRS and BEPS
- Mauritius rated ‘Compliant’ under Global Forum’s ‘enhanced’ process
- OECD confirms first automatic Common Reporting Standard exchanges
6. Retirement Planning Read more.
- Statutory right to transfer to QROPS set to remain
- Malta and the Overseas Transfer Charge
- Sovereign launches new Guernsey QNUPS
- Guernsey introduces Pensions Regulation
7. CRS Feature Read more.
- The road from privacy to transparency – 1987 to 2017
8. 30 years of Sovereign numbers Read more.
9. The history of the Sovereign Art Foundation Read more.
- The Sovereign Art Foundation – doing well by doing good