JOB DESCRIPTION for BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – CYPRUS
Hours: Approximately 40 hours a week
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, or any other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will successfully demonstrate Sovereigns value to potential clients and win new business for the company. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, target oriented sales person. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Business Development Managers work with senior level management, marketing, and administration staff. He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- Presenting Sovereign to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls & through online channels.
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings.
- She/he will develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new income for Sovereign to an agreed monthly and annual target, increasing year on year.
- Identify and generate sales leads, pitch services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts.
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients. Responsible for her/his own lead generation and appointment setting.
- Contributing to the development of marketing literature/writing content/providing management with feedback.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales cycle process: lead generation, credentials pitch, asking questions, solution pitch, negotiation, close, handover to the account management team.
- Attending and contributing to weekly Sales meetings and presenting his/her current Sales process and business strategy to the Managing Director.
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities to Sovereign are captured and explored.
- She/he will have individual responsibility for new business, and is expected to self-manage;
- Support is available by the Managing Director for complex large pitches and strategies.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals and any further documentation, following Sovereign’s procedures.
- She/he will effectively interact with other departments including Finance, Compliance and administration teams when handing over new client files ensuring you fully and correctly brief the relevant teams in all aspects of the sale.
You may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks within the company that may be deemed necessary.
- 2+ years of Sales & business consultancy experience within the Corporate & Fiduciary services industry (or other related industry), is essential
- Have excellent written and verbal English language capabilities
- Attention to detail and organisational skills
- Be a fast learner
- Hardworking, honest and open
- Experience in establishing onshore and offshore company and/or trust structures would be preferable and a big advantage
- A good deal of common sense, etiquette and an ability to think on one’s feet
- Excellent organisational skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Bright and confident personality
- Well presented
- Highly persuasive
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
Other Skills and Qualifications
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, Dynamics CRM, and Microsoft Office.
Please complete the form below and click Submit.
MANAGEMENT TRAINEES – Europe & Asia
As a result of continued expansion, Sovereign is looking for qualified professionals to assist senior management teams in several of its worldwide offices. Applications from new or recently qualified lawyers or accountants will be especially welcome but we would also be interested to hear from more experienced individuals – particularly those who may have a client following.
Experience in cross-border commercial transactions, tax and estate planning would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be given. Of more importance will be excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and the ability to learn fast in a dynamic company. An attractive salary and remuneration package, commensurate with experience, will be offered. The position will appeal to confident well-motivated individuals who are looking for an exciting and rewarding career with a multi-national organisation. Some international travel will be required.
Please complete the form below and click Submit.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. Anything you send us via this online form will be sent securely.