SOVEREIGN TRUST (HONG KONG) LIMITED IS LOOKING FOR AN ASSISTANT LEGAL COUNSEL
JOB TITLE : Assistant Legal Counsel
REPORTING TO: Director of Sales
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, this individual would be required to develop the corporate services and trust business for Sovereign Trust (Hong Kong) Ltd. The Assistant Legal Counsel will be a client facing individual and will be expected to lead from the front by being involved in business development and introductions of the business to clients. This requires:
- An assertive drive and motivation for business building and client relationship building through the introduction of corporate services, trust and trust administration business, with an emphasis on prominent family trust solutions and corporate clients.
- The ability to identify a client with a corporate services or trust requirement and carry out initial conversations to enable the assessment of that need.
- A desire and capability for quality, innovation and flexibility around commercial solutions.
- A proactive approach to the marketing of the Sovereign Trust brand in Hong Kong, China and the Region.
- Drafting and approving legal documents for the Employer and the Employer’s clients.
- Updating, drafting and developing new precedents where required.
- Over 4 years experience in the legal field (experience within a sales and relationship role preferable)
- The ability to create and relationship manage referral networks through the banks and professional firms of lawyers and accountants for the introduction of family, corporate and high net worth individual trust and trust administration work. Strong presentation skills for the delivery of trust seminars
- Legal qualification preferred /relevant university degree
- A proactive, committed, hands-on, business development character with ability to work unsupervised
- Strategic thinking and attention to detail
- Creation of relationships with the present portfolio of clients
- Ability to refer related work and cross sell to Tax, Trust and Accounting teams
- Language skills: Exceptional written and spoken English.
Interested candidates should send an email
– explaining their suitability for the position
– stating their present and required salary
– and full resume/CV
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
RECRUITING FOR CAPE TOWN OFFICE
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
The Sovereign Group is a large international trust company with 26 offices around the world. Sovereign’s core business is setting up and managing onshore and offshore companies, trusts and other structures to meet the specific personal or business needs of our clients. Typically these needs would include tax planning, wealth protection, foreign property ownership, pension planning and facilitating cross-border business.
The applicant must be a fluent and articulate English speaker. Priority will be given to applicants with previous work experience in Accounts Administration and Compliance.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Working with and assisting co-consultants and directors on a daily basis.
- Liaising with our external accountant/auditor and compliance teams in different Sovereign offices
to ensure fulfilment of daily duties.
- Preparing quotes and invoices for the South African office.
- Working in Excel and Pastell.
- Debt collection.
- Preparing and submitting petrol claims of all staff members.
- Liaising with SA banks when international payments are to be made or received.
- Ordering and buying of office supplies.
- Assisting with courier service when compliance officer is not available to do so.
- Data capturing when required.
- Preparing income and expenditure statements.
- VAT calculations and payments.
The successful applicant will be based in Cape Town. There will be the opportunity to contribute to the wider functioning of the office, working closely with our international offices to ensure excellent client service around the world.
Interested applicants should initially apply by hand written letter clearly stating why they think they are suitable for this position. The letter must state current and expected salary and enclose colour desk photograph and full CV. The letter together with the other documents may be emailed to Emma Chapman ecchapman@SovereignGroup.com.
The salary is negotiable with a medical aid contribution (R1 800) and retirement annuity contribution (5% of basic salary) after three months of employment. Please note this is a full time position.
CLOSING DATE: 14th September 2018.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
JOB DESCRIPTION for BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – CYPRUS
Hours: Approximately 40 hours a week
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, or any other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will successfully demonstrate Sovereigns value to potential clients and win new business for the company. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, target oriented sales person. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Business Development Managers work with senior level management, marketing, and administration staff. He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- Presenting Sovereign to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls & through online channels.
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings.
- She/he will develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new income for Sovereign to an agreed monthly and annual target, increasing year on year.
- Identify and generate sales leads, pitch services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts.
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients. Responsible for her/his own lead generation and appointment setting.
- Contributing to the development of marketing literature/writing content/providing management with feedback.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales cycle process: lead generation, credentials pitch, asking questions, solution pitch, negotiation, close, handover to the account management team.
- Attending and contributing to weekly Sales meetings and presenting his/her current Sales process and business strategy to the Managing Director.
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities to Sovereign are captured and explored.
- She/he will have individual responsibility for new business, and is expected to self-manage;
- Support is available by the Managing Director for complex large pitches and strategies.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals and any further documentation, following Sovereign’s procedures.
- She/he will effectively interact with other departments including Finance, Compliance and administration teams when handing over new client files ensuring you fully and correctly brief the relevant teams in all aspects of the sale.
You may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks within the company that may be deemed necessary.
- 2+ years of Sales & business consultancy experience within the Corporate & Fiduciary services industry (or other related industry), is essential
- Have excellent written and verbal English language capabilities
- Attention to detail and organisational skills
- Be a fast learner
- Hardworking, honest and open
- Experience in establishing onshore and offshore company and/or trust structures would be preferable and a big advantage
- A good deal of common sense, etiquette and an ability to think on one’s feet
- Excellent organisational skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Bright and confident personality
- Well presented
- Highly persuasive
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
Other Skills and Qualifications
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, Dynamics CRM, and Microsoft Office.
Please complete the form below and click Submit.
MANAGEMENT TRAINEES – Europe & Asia
As a result of continued expansion, Sovereign is looking for qualified professionals to assist senior management teams in several of its worldwide offices. Applications from new or recently qualified lawyers or accountants will be especially welcome but we would also be interested to hear from more experienced individuals – particularly those who may have a client following.
Experience in cross-border commercial transactions, tax and estate planning would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be given. Of more importance will be excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and the ability to learn fast in a dynamic company. An attractive salary and remuneration package, commensurate with experience, will be offered. The position will appeal to confident well-motivated individuals who are looking for an exciting and rewarding career with a multi-national organisation. Some international travel will be required.
Please complete the form below and click Submit.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. Anything you send us via this online form will be sent securely.