LIVE WEBINAR – Do recent changes to leading European Residency Programmes signal an end to Alternative Residency Planning opportunities?
In Blog Cyprus
Do recent changes to leading European Residency Programmes signal an end to
Alternative Residency Planning opportunities?
Wednesday 10th May
10h00 London / 11h00 Cape Town / 13h00 Dubai / 17h00 Hong Kong
A number of highly beneficial European ‘residency by investment’ programmes have been – or are in the process of being – closed or adversely amended. These include popular programmes in Portugal, the UK, Ireland, Spain and Greece.
This Webinar addressed what this means for those who may be looking to emigrate or establish a second/alternative residency option. In particular, our panel will examine the following issues:
1. Does this spell the end of residency and citizenship planning in Europe for individuals, families and companies?
2. What is happening and what other options are available for those interested in emigrating or establishing a second/alternative residency in Europe?
- Residency by Investment (RBI) Programmes
- Active, Start-up and Business Investment Programmes
- Business Incubation Programmes
- Financially Independent or Passive Income Visa Programmes
- Remote Working / Digital Nomad Visas
- Tax Residency Programmes
3. An overview of Portugal’s Highly Qualified Activity (HQA) Visa Programme
4. An overview of Cyprus’s range of cost effective and tax efficient residency permit options:
- Permanent Residency Fast Track
- Permanent Residency Slow Track
- Self-Sufficiency Visa
- Digital Nomad
- Tax Residency
5. The importance of formulating a comprehensive residency strategy and the value of pre-immigration tax and estate planning.
• Ceri Pratley – Sovereign Group Head of Residency and Citizenship Services
• Ralph Wichtmann – Managing Director, Sovereign Trust (SA) Ltd
• Dani Van Vuuren – Business Development Consultant, Sovereign Trust (SA) Ltd
• George Ayiomamitis – Managing Director, Sovereign Trust (Cyprus) Ltd