Salary Band: In line with qualifications and experience
Reporting to: Money Laundering Reporting Officer
About The Sovereign Group
Sovereign Gibraltar is the headquarters of the Sovereign Group, which began in Gibraltar in 1987 and has since grown into one of the largest independent providers of corporate, private client, retirement planning, insurance, and tax services.
With a network of 23 offices spanning Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, Sovereign’s global headcount is now approaching 550. We currently manage over 20,000 structures for a wide variety of clients – companies, entrepreneurs, private investors or ultra to high-net-worth individuals and their families – and have assets under administration of more than £20 billion.
Sovereign Asset Management Limited trading as Sovereign Wealth provide investment solutions as part of Sovereign’s Private Client and Pensions offerings. Our goal is to help our clients grow their wealth, enjoy it and pass it on to future generations.
As Independent Financial Advisers regulated by the GFSC, Sovereign Wealth is not tied to any single investment manager or private bank and is committed to delivering genuinely objective and impartial financial guidance, as well as enhanced levels of oversight and security.
Being part of Sovereign’s compliance team, you will assist with monitoring that the appropriate AML/CTF policies are followed, ensuring compliance with the Gibraltar regulatory and legislative requirements.
Join a forward-thinking organisation, where you will be continuously supported with tools and training to succeed and develop.
- Conduct due diligence, risk assessments and compliance checks for new businesses.
- Enter review dates on Wealth Craft
- Undertake periodic reviews and risk assessments of existing client relationships.
- De-activating closed accounts on Wealth Craft and ensuring all files are stored.
- Support the compliance function with any “trigger events”.
- Assist in drafting Compliance Monitoring Tests.
- Maintain accurate records of compliance activities, reports, and findings.
- Conduct Sanctions screening.
- Provide administrative and analytical support to the MLRO, as needed.
- Ensure that all identified incidents, breaches, and suspicious activity reports are escalated with the MLRO.
- Collaborate with the other team members to provide a coordinated compliance service to the business.
- Participate in compliance projects, as required.
- Quarterly Gibraltar Investment Compensation Scheme (GICS) Returns
- Controlling and approving new business monthly if passed by compliance and all necessary details recorded on WC.
- Collecting staff CPD logs each month/quarter.
- Establishing and maintaining terms of business with Investment Managers and platforms
- Prepare quarterly reporting deck for Board pack and budget reviews.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Hold compliance qualifications or be willing to study towards them.
- Ability to stay abreast and adapt to new regulatory changes.
- Knowledge of AML/CFT regulations.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (knowledge of any compliance-related software is a plus).
- Experience of working to deadlines, multi-tasking and having a proactive approach is essential for the role.
Company benefits are as follows:
- Private health insurance after passing the probationary period.
- Offer to join company pension after 1 year’s service – company match employee contributions up to 10%
- Reduced corporate gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Paid sick leave of up to ten days per calendar year
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Payment of Relevant qualifications and study material
- Provision of Study leave
- Compassionate leave
- Up to 25 days of annual leave
- Paid Bank Holidays
- Flexi days – up to 12 per year
- Global Employee Assistance Programme
- Career development opportunities
- Bi-annual VDU eye test
- Sports and Social Events
- Incentive bonus
The Sovereign Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage diversity throughout our company. We will not tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics (gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, parental status, maternity etc). We ensure that no member of staff or any job applicant is treated less favourably than anyone else.
Equal Opportunities apply in all our working conditions including pay, hours of work, holiday entitlement, sick pay, recruitment, training, promotion etc.